We checked off a biggg bucket list item last month – Niagara Falls! It was our first time in Niagara Falls and we couldn’t have picked a better weekend to go. The weather was absolute fall perfection, and the sun was out the entire weekend! According to the locals, we lucked out weather wise this time of year.
We stayed at the Crowne Plaza Niagara Falls – Fallsview which was on the Canadian side of Niagara Falls. I highly recommend staying on the Canadian side as they have the best views of the falls. The hotel not only had amazing views of the falls from the rooms and restaurant, but it was centrally located to everything to see and do in Niagara Falls! We only got in our car once and that was to go hiking and to the wineries which was about a 15–20-minute drive from the hotel. More information on the hotel can be found here (https://www.kqzyfj.com/click-100674509-15381386).
Why we loved staying at the Crowne Plaza:
- The Falls, Falls View Casino, Distillery & Niagara Brewing Company were within walking distance from the hotel. You can walk right out of your hotel to see one side of the falls – so convenient. Note: you get a free tasting at Niagara Brewing Company with your stay at the Crowne Plaza. We also order a charcuterie board which was really good!
- Hiking trails, golf courses and wineries within a 15–20-minute drive (we went hiking and visited two wineries – Two Sisters Vineyard and Peller Estates!)
- Indoor Waterpark, Arcade Room + Go-carts, Hershey’s Chocolate world, museums and more for kids!
- Restaurants & a Starbucks in and around the hotel. We ate breakfast in the Rainbow Room every morning which was so good! They have a breakfast buffet with every breakfast item you can dream of with again, incredible views of the falls.
Here’s a recap of what we did in Niagara Falls:
- Went to two wineries – Peller Estates (https://www.peller.com/) and Two Sisters Vineyard (https://www.twosistersvineyards.com/). We did a tasting at Two Sisters Vineyard which was a stunning vineyard. Their rose was one of the best rose’s that I’ve ever had – I even bought a bottle to take home with me! After Two Sisters, we enjoyed a glass of wine and charcuterie board Al fresco at Peller Estates. Again, the weather was just perfect for winery hopping!
- Went on a hike which was beautiful! We hiked the Whirlpool Rapids Trail, but there are plenty of trails to choose from. We like the Whirlpool Rapids Trail because it was an under 2 hour hike, wasn’t too strenuous and had amazing views of the rapids. More information on the hike can be found here: https://www.niagarafallsstatepark.com/attractions-and-tours/hiking-trails
- Walked along the falls – we decided against a tour this time, because we found out we had better views than on the boat + we didn’t want to get soaked. BUT, the tour is supposed to be a great time – here are the details of the available tours you can go on. https://www.niagarafallsstatepark.com/attractions-and-tours
- We played some slot machines in the casino after dinner one night which was super fun! The casino is within walking distance from the Crowne Plaza too – again, the location of the hotel could not have been better!
Where we ate in Niagara Falls:
- Rainbow Room for breakfast each morning. We love their breakfast buffet, and it kept us full until late-afternoon/dinner time!
- Doc Magillians
If you’ve been wanting to plan a trip to Niagara Falls, I highly recommend staying at the Crowne Plaza – not only was the hotel absolutely beautiful, but the location of the hotel was also key for us. There were so many things to do within walking distance from the hotel. If you didn’t want to get in your car, you certainly didn’t have to! You can book your stay here: (https://www.kqzyfj.com/click-100674509-15381386).
This post is sponsored; however, all opinions and recommendations are my own.